Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

2014: Hopes, Wishes, and Wants

Hey Y'all!
OMGSH! 2014 is only days away! It is absolutely crazy.
I love fresh starts. I have always loved the beginning of new semesters, starting a new job, and turning over a new leaf on my birthday. This of course means that I love New Years.
 In high school I used to make long list of New Year's resolutions with things like "lose weight, make all A's, make new friends or have the best summer ever." Lame I know and completely useless.

In college I still made those list, but I started to try and be a little more practical, so the list sounded more like "lose 10 pounds, actually do all reading assignments, stop watching so much TV." Still lame, but better.

Now I don't make New Year's Resolution list. I have figured out if I want to change something, to just change it. An example: I was chubby for a long time and every year I wanted to lose weight and I would try to eat better, cut out sweets, eat less, but I never actually stuck to it. So when I finally decided that it was time for me to be serious I didn't wait until January to roll around. I started Weight Watchers in June. And now (a few years later) I have lost my weight and kept it off.

After trying for many years to have list of New Year's Resolutions I have realized its kinda silly, at least for me. I have found that I don't need to make a bunch of changes in my life just because everyone else is.

So I do not have plans for any resolutions that I want to make, but that doesn't mean I don't have hopes, wishes, and wants that I would like to see in the new year.

Here are my New Year's Hopes, Wishes, and Wants:

For Ken and I to find the prefect house to rent.

Maybe get a new puppy
(Ken wants a German Shepard, I want an English Bulldog)

To Travel

To get a Promotion
(who wouldn't like a promotion?)


Do you make New Year Resolutions? What are you looking forward to in 2014?

xo
bre


1 comment:

  1. Hi! Great post!
    I actually did make new years resolutions this year! :)
    Would you like to follow each other? If you like my blog at least! Anyways let me know!
    xoxo
    http://foreveramber123.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete