This is a super simple, but very yummy recipe! It is warm and filling, so it is perfect for a cold night.
Beef Bouillon Cube
1. Season meat with all spices, except the fresh rosemary and sage
2. Place 2 tablespoons of butter and a 1/4 cup of olive oil in a skillet that is on medium high
3. Sear the out side of the roast to a nice brown color (this will help keep the juices in the meat while it slow cooks)
4. Add rosemary, sage, red potatoes, carrots and onion to a crock pot with the roast.
5. Pour in 1 small box of beef broth, 1 bouillon cup, and then fill the crock pot the rest of the way with water
6. Turn the crock pot on high for about 30 minuets for it to warm up and then leave in on medium for about 4-6 hours. The meat and vegetables with be very tender.
I also made a gravy out of the juices in the crock pot by pouring the juice into a small pot and adding a little flour and cornstarch. Mix the flour and cornstarch in a small cup of water then pour the mixture into the pot with the juices. Stir continuously on high until the sauce thickens.