Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Love is...

 
 
...Sharing food.
I know, weird. But really though. Just listen.
 
Ken and I are both pretty selfish. Its horrible, but honest. Everything is mine and I don't like share and its kinda of the same for him. We like our stuff and space, especially when it comes to food.

(This is us)
 
So one way I know we love each other is when we do share.
 
Example:
We like Chick-Fil-A. I get the 8 count nuggets and he gets the 12 count value sized. When I finish my 8, I always want at least one more. So there is Ken to the rescue, who tends to give me one or two. It makes me happy. I don't have to order the 12 count and feel guilty about it, but I get my extra nugget and all seems right in the world.
 
The longer we have have been married the more we do this. It has just become part of who we are. When we go out to eat I give him extra french fries, or if I order a salad I always take a bite of his burger or other yummy item he has picked. I say "just one bite," but I normally take two. At home I share my zero calorie Gatorade's with him (even the grape, which is my absolute favorite) and my yummy oatmeal raisin granola bars.
 
I am constantly learning about marriage and what it is to love someone. One of the most important things is that love isn't the mushy emotionally stuff, it is the every day little things. Like laughing in the car when running errands or sharing our food.
 
xo
bre
 


No comments:

Post a Comment