One of my favorite things to make with left over turkey is turkey pot pie. It is very easy and can be changed to fit different styles or to just use what is in the pantry. For a long time I though that pot pies were overwhelming, but after making a few I realized they are super simple!
Turkey Pot Pie
3-4 Table Spoon Butter
1/2 Cup Chopped Carrots
3/4 Cup of Frozen Peas
3/4 Can of Green Beans
3 Cups of Chopped Turkey (or Chicken)
2 Pie Crust
3 Cups of Water
1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
Healthy Splash of White Wine
1/4 Cup Flour
1. Place butter in pan on medium heat
2. Add Vegetables, Stir for 1-3 minutes
3. Add Turkey, Stir until fully mixed
4. Add Flour, Stir until Turkey and Vegetables are sticky with flour
5. Add Water, Wine, and Chicken Bouillon Cube
Stir everything and let liquid thicken
6. Chop spices (I used one sprig of Rosemary - remove stem)
(And three Sage Leaves - remove stems)
7. Add Spices to pan, Fresh Spices and Jar Spices, and stir (For the jar spices, I just sprinkle a heathy amount all over the pan and stir them in)
8. Unroll Crust, place one on the bottom of pie dish
9. Poke small holes in dough for ventilation
10. Pour in filling
11. Place second pie crust on top and pinch the edges of the top and bottom crusts together
12. Shape the edges of the crust, I use a fork (neat and simple)
13. Use a egg wash on the top crust, also make slits in the top for ventilation
14. Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes (to help make the crust not burn, place foil over the pot pie for the first half)
A few other notes:
-Pot Pie can be made a million and one ways. If you aren't making this after a holiday, use chicken. I used white meat, but if you like dark - use that! If you don't eat meat - use potatoes! If you don't like peas, add celery. This recipe can be mixed and matched to fit what you like most!
-The spices are used are almost all the same that I used to make the Thanksgiving Turkey (I wanted to keep the favors similar since I was using that turkey), but you can use whatever spices fit your taste.
-Lastly, this really is a perfect meal to make after the holidays. I had peas, carrots, turkey, fresh spices, and wine all left over, so all I had to buy was the pie crust and a can of green beans! Plus it is the kind of meal that can be taken as lunch the next day and of course, it is so yummy!