Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

January updates!

Hey y'all! 

Ken and I on a recent date night
 
Ken and Jaidyn 

It feels like such a long time ago since my last blog post! Life, as usual, has gotten a little crazy and caused me to slack on my blogging. But as I have missed my blog and the blogging world, I thought it was time I do a life update.

January has been nice so far. A few little hiccups, like having to get new tires due to two of them being flat while on my way to work (yikes!) and getting food poisoning (yuck!), but other than that it's all good. 

Work has been super busy, but normal busy. Which makes me happy, since all of the holidays and holiday events are over. (People seem to get crazier around the holidays!) 

Our church is doing a 21 day Daniel fast and we just started on this past Sunday. It's tough, but good. I already see God working in our lives. I had to adjust the fast a little for myself but Ken is following the fast all the way, including the days that he doesn't eat and only drinks fluids. I have found some cool recipes and they have turned out pretty good. I plan on sharing some soon! I will say though, I can't wait to have a hamburger and diet coke when this is over! :) 

The rest of January looks peaceful and quiet. Just what is needed after a long holiday season. We do not have any big plans other than seeing some of my family that we were unable to see during December. My cousin and his wife just had their first baby and we can't wait to meet her.

February will be eventful. First Valentines Day (yay!), then my moms birthday, and the last week of the month we will be flying to Colorado to visit Ken's family and play in the snow for a week! I can't wait, it has been several years since I've been in snow. 

So what have y'all been up too? 

Xo
bre

No comments:

Post a Comment