Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Ice day

Hey Ya'll!
 
I live around the Houston Area in Texas and our winters are not very extreme. We will hit the 40's and 50's during the day and the 30's at night, and then other days we will be in the 60's and 70's during the day. Every once it a while it actually gets cold. And yesterday was the day it happened.
 
Our high was 36 degrees and it stayed below freezing majority of the day. This wouldn't have been a big deal, except that it was also raining and sleeting all morning. Another thing about Houston - we have giant highways. I drive over those highways every day for work, including several bridges that go over water. And you guessed it, those brides/highways had ice all over them. So many of you are thinking "So what? Big deal!" but it kinda is a big deal since our city is very unprepared. We don't have snow plows or trucks to salt the streets.
 
This whole situation caused for an ice day in Houston. I was stuck and unable to make it work, along with my family. This meant I was able to watch the newest episode of Pretty Little Liars, Law and Order SUV marathon, drink hot chocolate and snuggle with my puppy.
 
Today is back to normal. Our high is 62 degrees with a low of 42 degrees and all the ice is melting away. At least it was fun while it lasted.
 
Here are some photos from my ice day. :)
Ice on the grass and baby icicles,
Jaidyn Snuggling with Ken
 
Harry Potter Weekend

Jaidyn laying with me
 
And then I started watching YouTube videos and decided to see what I look like with short hair. I posted this on facebook, and even though I have now said I didn't actually cut it, people are still commenting on it. I think I look like a soccer mom.
 
xo
bre

No comments:

Post a Comment