Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

August Favorites

Hey Ya'll!

August is almost over so I thought I would share some beauty and life things I have been loving all month.

Beauty Favorites:

Burt's Bees Miracle Salve
This stuff is awesome. It is for pretty much anything. It is a waxy texture that moisture's so well. So it is perfect for dry hands, feet, scalp or hair. I have been using this product by rubbing a little bit on the ends of my hair to keep them from drying out in the August heat.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion 
I know this isn't a new product and I've actually been using it for a while, but I have just been really grateful for it this month since it has been so hot and humid. It saves my makeup from running down my face daily!

Revlon Photoready Concealer in Fair 001
I have never really been a big user of concealer because I always felt like I didn't really need it and it was just another step. But this month I decided to try one out for under my eyes and redness around my nose and I love it! It has a thick but creamy texture that covers really well. Even though it is a little thick, I only have to use a little and it doesn't feel heavy once it is blended in.

EOS lip balm in Summer Fruit
I'm normally not picky about lip balm. I will pretty much use any kind. When I was waiting in line at Target I saw a group of these little lip balms and decided to try one out. First of all, the Summer Fruit smells amazing. Plus, it is super moisturizing with out being to heavy or waxy. 


Life Favorites:

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
I finished this book at the beginning of August and it is so good! I have to warm you though, it is really dark and creepy. It is a great mystery that kept me guessing throughout the whole book. In the end though I felt incredibly sad but the writing is great and it is a really interesting story!

Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief
I saw this movie in theaters a while back and told myself I needed to read the book, but I never did. So after I watched the second movie, Percy Jackson and The Sea of Monsters, I decided it was time to start reading the series. I actually went and picked up this book the same day I saw Percy Jackson and The Sea of Monsters. It took me a week to finish. I love Greek mythology, so mix that with a modern day adventure and I was hooked. Think Harry Potter with Greek Gods. It was really cool and as usual it had so much more detail than the movie. I can't wait to read the rest of the series!


Vera Bradley Phone Case
Ken went on vacation earlier this month to visit his family in Colorado. While he was there he picked up this phone case for me and I love it! I have a small obsession with animal prints and these elephants are just too cute!


What are some of your favorites?

xo
bre

No comments:

Post a Comment