Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Quarter-Life Crisis

So I'm just going to say it - Being an adult is weird and sometimes sucks.

I recently graduated from college, got a full time job and I still don't know what I'm doing half of the time (or maybe more). In a lot of ways I am an "adult." I'm married, I have a degree, and my job is a pretty good one with a great company. But sometimes I truly feel like I'm still 18 and just still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. Its a weird mix, that's for sure.

Just because I feel confused, doesn't mean I don't love a lot of parts of my life. I adore my husband, love my family, and really love myself (most of the time - we all have our down days). I have many positives in my life and I am so thankful for them and thankful for all that I have been blessed with; I just tend to feel a little lost.

Questions I am constantly battling with:
Do I want to sit in an office for the rest of my life?
Do I like this job?
What do I really want to do?
Can I even do that?

I think I want so many things and I want to do so much that it causes me to feel a little overwhelmed and makes me feel like I'll never accomplish any of it.

Another issue is that what I really would love to do isn't making me any money, so I work a full time job that I like but don't love. My full time job takes a lot of my energy and I do not get to spend my time on projects I really love and they get pushed to the side.

Sometimes I feel like I am the only person like this, but I am sure I am not. It seems like a pretty common feeling amoung my generation.

So today I made a few goals for myself so that I can make sure I spend time on projects I really love and maybe one day they can not be side projects anymore but my actual job. One can dream, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment