Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Goals for (the rest of) 2013

 
 
I know, I know. We are almost done with July and I am just now making some goals for the 2013. Well, that's not entirely true. I had goals for 2013, but I've completed them or they have changed, so I thought it was time to make some new ones. I have learned that New Years is not the only time to make goals. I make goals every time want a fresh start on something or I just feel like it. Just because everyone else is making a change at New Years doesn't mean I have to, if I want to change something I will start in the middle of summer or whenever it pleases me. :)
 
1. Write more, at least three times a week.
2. Read more, at least three times a week. I used to read all the time, but life has just gotten busy and I haven't spent as much time reading as I would like too. I have several books sitting on my shelf waiting to be read!
3. Blog at least once a week (Which I have been doing! Yay!)
4. Make a video at least once a week. I just started making YouTube Videos and so far I have made one a week.
5. Be more grateful. Sometimes I find myself feeling negative and I believe one of the best ways to combat that is to be grateful. So when I feel negative I want to make a grateful list.
6. Be happy with where I am. So this relates to number 5, but I want to be happy and enjoy where I am in my life, even if it isn't what I had planned.
7. Be nice to my mom. I know that sounds awful. I love my mom very much, but sometimes I can be really snippy, so I need to be more kind when talking to her.
8. Be nice to Ken. I know, this sounds awful too. It's not that I think I am mean, but I want to make sure I am putting more into my marriage and being less selfish.
9. Continue to let go of things or people that make me unhappy. Back in 2011 Ken and I made some big changes in our lives and it caused a lot of people, that we consided very good friends, to turn there backs on us. It was a hard period of my life, but over time I have learned to let go of them. They weren't real friends to us and the choices we made showed us that. Through that experience I have learned that if something or someone is making me unhappy I don't need them in my life. I was still dealing with all of this in 2012 and I believe I am in a much better place now. I just want to continue this so I don't fall back into the stress or unhappiness.
10. Get rid of old clothes. I actually clean out my closet about once a year, but I know it is time. I have many shirts that I know are too big for me, but I keep hanging on to them.
11. Spend more time with friends. I am sort of a horrible friend. I am the type of person that doesn't need a lot of friends to be happy -  not a social butterfly at all! So sometimes I will go weeks without calling them and that's awful! So I want to put more effort into spending time with friends.
12. Take more photos/videos. I used to document every moment of my life in highschool and beginning of college, but as time went on I stopped. Life got busy and pictures fell to the side, but I want to be better at it.
 
xo
Bre
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment