Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Changes and Anxiety

Hey Ya'll!
Confession time: I hate change. Well, its not that I hate the actual changes, but more that I hate the figuring out what to do, the planning, and the waiting. Once I know what path I am on and know which direction I am headed I feel much better, but until then (whenever changes are still just ideas or possibilities) I feel a little like a basket case. Anyone else with me?
 
So I bet you are wondering what changes I have happening that are stressing me out. Well I can't share all of that just yet. But I can tell you that it has to do with my career and deciding where I want to work. I would love to tell you all about, and I hope to once I have it all sorted out, but for now I'm keeping it a secret since only a few people know.

Another confession: I'm terrified of failing. Now I'm sure I'm not alone on this, but it is a serious fear of mine. I'm a super A-type personality and a major perfectionist. So if I am making a big career move I want to make sure that I will succeed and not fail. This is where my anxiety comes in and makes me not what to even try. *sigh*
 
So this week or even the next few weeks will be spent making pro/con lists, praying, and thinking (a lot) about what I want and what I need. And I have to remember that quote above so that I will be willing to gain something better for myself, and that God is in control and will guide me to where I need to be.
 
Anyone else struggle with this?
 
xo
bre
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment